Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rain, rain, rain on my face, on my face

I love the rain. Big, heavy droplets that you can hear on your roof. Cold, wet sky-tears soaking through your clothes.

I am one of those weirdos who will intentionally go walking in the rain. I splash in puddles on purpose and stare up at the sky. Sometime I sit on my deck and just absorb it all. I never use an umbrella and when drops are falling from the sky I walk, not run. Sure, I like warm, sunny days but there is just something about gray and rainy days that make me smile.

Yesterday we had a very rainy day. It rained all night and kept going all through the day. I smiled. And then I took some pictures.

*note: none of these were edited to change the color, nor were they shot in black and white. It really was THAT gray outside*

 Tobin Jameson likes rain too.

Droplets making their way down our glass doors.

Droplets, out of focus. Weird, eerie look, eh?

No eatin' here tonight for you, birds...

Light fixture outside our garage

Drops on trim

More trees through the rain


Yup, love rain. Always and forever. It is cold and dark, messy and mushy, but I think it is one of the most beautiful things in the world.

3 comments:

chelsea rebecca said...

i love the rain too! something about curling up with my favorite sweater drinking some tea by the window.. its perfection

THE CRAFT said...

These photos are pretty awesome!

The Craft
http://thecraftiswhatyoumakeit.blogspot.com/

l. c said...

hey there, thanks for your kind comment on my blog! it made my day!

these are lovely pictures! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails