Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Awesomebella Cooks-PASTA!

I really shouldn't even be posting this as I followed no recipe and I will be giving you none to follow. And the "PASTA" part of the title really shouldn't be followed by a "!" because it is no big deal. I always cook pasta. I am a pasta cooking pro. My middle name is practically pasta (...well...maybe it is Kiss but...they both have the letter s in the middle?).

But I did cook pasta last night so I am going to post about it. The original plan for the night was to do Fettuccine Alfredo with garlic bread but no grocery shopping happened over the weekend and we had no fettuccine, no bread and no time to make some, and none of the stuff involved in making Alfredo sauce so... I just whipped up some other pasta creations.  
Penne Rigate with Sausage and 
Spaghetti with Shrimp.

Pictures...
Pasta #1, Penne with Sausage...
2 boxes of Penne.
 2 packages of sausage.
1/2 red onion.
5 cloves garlic.
1 can of diced tomatoes.
Many much frozen peas.
Jar of (Meat) Tomato Sauce

 PASTA #1!


Pasta #2, Spaghetti with Shrimp:

 One package of Spaghetti

 1 bag of frozen shrimp

 Lime juice (lemon is better, but I only had limes)
Lime Zest
Chili Pepper Flakes
Sirancho Chile Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

Delicious pasta #2!

So the whole pasta thing was kind of a last minute cop out. Maybe next week I will go back to fancy stuff that requires skills and recipe following. But maybe not. Whatever. Pasta is (unarguably, in my opinion) the best food ever invented, so I would totally be okay with eating it every Monday. Or every day. 
Guess we will just have to wait until next week to find out to see what I will cook. But I assure you it will be AWESOME.


*check tomorrow, I will be posting a delicious CHRISTMAS PARTY SNACK recipe!


2 comments:

Josey said...

Hey,
I'm liking your blog however it's also making me sad as I wish my knitting skills were as awesome as yours! I'm self taught and have been at it for maybe a year (with a huge 5 month break in between) but I love creating and making stuff with my own two hands; it brings me joy!
Keep up the awesome work!

Allie O'Bannon said...

Both of those pastas look delicious but pasta #1 is def making my mouth water.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails