Friday, February 5, 2010

The smell of coffee in the morning...

I'm kind of a coffee addict.

I've gotten better, but I cannot (okay, actually if I torture myself I can, but I choose not to do that...) go with out 1 cup of good, strong coffee in the morning.

But I've found a new way to feed my love of coffee.

My new closet is...like a small room. But that is another story. Anyway, in it is a dresser, and on the dresser is one of the best ideas of my life.
Right there, next to my first pair of converse and my hand-done "Pollock art" is...

A little glass cup (with a pirate in hammock on it, reading Salty Dog across the top) full of COFFEE BEANS.


I love that smell.

Smells like Starbucks. Smells like happiness. Smells like memories.

My dad and one of my uncles used to put piles of them in the cup holders of their cars. I remember as a little kid getting into the car and inhaling deeply. As a child I actually used to EAT coffee beans (one of many strange things I did...)
Or it reminds me of this fantastic little coffee shop called Day Break next to the library ( in a town which I shall call G-bury), where they had great, big coffee roaster going all day and that smell was everywhere.

And now, when I step into my closet, that same smell hits me. It's absolutely wonderful. You really must try it. Just don't grow up to be an "addict" like me.

4 comments:

Emily Michael said...

I...encourage this addiction. It could be worse after all. :D

Isabella Kiss said...

what you hang around you become :)

SL Burlhis said...

Ohmygosh I want coffee so bad now. Why did you have to describe it so decadently?

Also, I thought the Salty Dog was a bar?

Isabella Kiss said...

could very well be. the glasses were like off ebay. if it is a bar, i dont support it. :p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails