Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wanna help me out with a school assignment? SURVEY TIME!

Hey all, this is probably like the most random post I will ever be posting upon My Name is Not King but...humour me.

The short of what is more of a long story is this: I have a survey project due for my math class on Wednesday (involving surveying like 60 people, the survey results, a pamphlet I create based on them, and a presentation to the class) This survey involved 26 campus students (completed that part!), but now I need responses from 26 non-campus people. And I though perhaps some of you would like to participate (/I am desperate and don't want to spend all weekend hunting down people to survey).

The survey, which I am doing on people's view of the existence of God, is directly related to my World Religions class. (and yes, I did have the most complicated survey question of the class. The others involved cars, ice cream and Lebron James. Of course mine took the longest for people to answer...typical sneaky Bella move...)



QUESTION 1:
DO YOU PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A GOD?

QUESTION 2:
IF SO, DOES THAT BELIEF, OR INDICATED LACK THEREOF, HAVE A DIRECT EFFECT ON THE WAY YOU LIVE AND THE DECISIONS THAT YOU MAKE?


IF you would like to help me out, leave a comment *AND PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR INITIALS.* I understand many of you go by cutesy blog names, but first and last initials are required if I am going to be able to use your response in my project.

It would be helpful if you formatted your comments sort of like this:

Q1: Yes      
Q2: Yes  
-IKC

(or whatever your yes or no answers may be).

I have gotten quite intriguing answers so far (I am baffled by the number of campus students who answered both yes and no to their belief in the existence of God...?). Obviously, the answers are all a little vague (What do they mean when they say "God"? Which one? Why? Etc...), but I think this survey will be really interesting nonetheless.

If you could help me out with this it would be wonderful! Perhaps I will share the final results on here next week! THANKS!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Q1: Absolutely Yes.
Q2: Absolutely Yes.
LMS

Elisha said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower!! :) follow me back??(:

Julia said...

Q1: Yes
Q2: Yes
-JMW

Caroline said...

Q1: YEEEEEESSSS how could there not be?
Q2: YES!
-caroline

Madeline said...

Q1: yes
Q2: yes
-ME

Johannah Ziegler-Ritter said...

QUESTION 1:
DO YOU PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A GOD?

QUESTION 2:
IF SO, DOES THAT BELIEF, OR INDICATED LACK THEREOF, HAVE A DIRECT EFFECT ON THE WAY YOU LIVE AND THE DECISIONS THAT YOU MAKE?

Q1: Yes
Q2: The decisions I make are directly based on that belief in that I try to live to the glory of the God in whom I believe.
-CJZ-R

Do we get to hear your answers to the questions later?

Ellie said...

Q1:Yes
Q2:Most definitely yes
-ESS

Isabella Kiss said...

Johannah,
my personal answers were in the post (i'm IKC) and probably all over this blog.
YES AND YES! :)

Johannah Ziegler-Ritter said...

Duh. I should have thought that one through. Your answers are all over the blog, but, as I just read in my literary criticism text, we often read our own beliefs into text as we read, so I wondered if I was doing that at times. And I'm also going to blame the reading of that text for not picking up on the initials. . .brain fried :)

Isabella Kiss said...

Johannah, not a problem at all! I understand. And I think it is a good thing to question what you think is being implied. Brings clarity!

And at everyone else, THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING! You're help is appreciated! Looking forward to standing up in front of my college class and sharing the results!

Sailing with bare feet said...

Q1- YES!
Q2- YES!
ASB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails